The building envelope plays a significant role in the energy performance of buildings, and windows are a key element in transmitting heating and cooling between the indoor and outdoor environment. Certain window designs and appropriate glazing systems reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling.
This tutorial presentation explores the effective strategy of utilising high-performance windows in building design to reduce energy consumption and costs and deliver real reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
At the end of the presentation, attendees will be able to:
• Identify critical elements to achieve thermal comfort in buildings
• List the Section J requirements of the NCC
• Identify the benefits of high free air windows
• Describe the effects of air infiltration on thermal energy, electricity usage, and GHG emissions
• Describe the benefits of effective ventilation
• Identify the important elements that make a high-performance window
FORMAL CPD POINTS OFFERED:
1 Hour Presentation = 1 Formal CPD Point
Please contact our Business Managers on 1300 863 350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a Zoom presentation or alternatively, visit Teulo to access a recording of the tutorial and complete the quiz questions in your own time, at your own pace.
Note: Our CPD Tutorial with Teulo is part of a “Teulo Talks” event alongside Chahid Kairouz, Managing Director of C.Kairouz Architects.
THE FORMAL CPD POINTS OFFERED WITH THIS OPTION:
Australian Formal CPD Points = 2 (Learning objectives: 3.2, 4.1, 5.1 design and documentation)
ADNZ CPD Points: 3 (design) and 1 (documentation)