We are thrilled to announce Suppliers Declare has just reached 100 signatories! Two years ago, we established this global sustainability movement to highlight the need for sustainable practices in supplying and manufacturing industries.
Suppliers Declare is both a public declaration of our planet’s environmental crises and a commitment to take positive action in response to climate breakdown and biodiversity collapse.
Created under the umbrella of a range of global sustainability declarations, including Construction Declares and Architects Declare, Suppliers Declare aims to address and mitigate specific issues pertaining to the supplying and manufacturing industries.
Utilising the combined experience, reach, and resources of those in the movement, Suppliers Declare works to achieve the below objectives:
- To raise awareness of the need for climate action amongst those in the manufacturing and supplying industries and the companies they supply to
- To work towards achieving zero carbon emissions (fulfilling Australia’s net-zero by 2050 target)
- To minimise the wasteful use of resources
- To share knowledge, research and findings regarding sustainable practices that can be implemented
- To rethink the way, we select resources and manufacturer products – considering the environmental impact of our actions
- To highlight the need to be outcome-driven, not money-driven (creating greater accountability for sustainability amongst those in the industry)
- To continue government lobbying efforts (highlighting the benefits incentivising companies to choose sustainable products has)
- To shine a light on the importance of supporting a circular economy to keep jobs onshore and stimulate the economy
We would like to thank everyone who has already made the declaration and welcome others to join the movement.
Learn more: https://au.suppliersdeclare.com/