Whilst louvre windows provide the perfect natural ventilation solution there will be occasions when an automation solution is required. This could be as a result of windows being situated out of reach or more importantly where the louvres are to form part of a buildings natural ventilation strategy or smoke relief system.
The SLJ01 EXT drive is installed and tested before the louvres leave the factory. With no visible moving parts, these actuators are designed specifically to operate the louvre for optimum performance. The louvres and controls form part of a complete solution and when the opportunity presents itself in combination with automation partners, we can assist to design a solution to meet almost any outcome. Project specific trap hazard risk assessments are offered to ensure a safe and compliant system is offered to the end client.
System Elements can include:
• User interface via a touch sensitive wall switch, android or Apple device control through our intelligent controllers or full integration with home or building automation systems (BMS).
• Power failure battery back up to ensure louvres can always be closed.
• Climate control through multiple sensory devices such as, wind, rain, CO, humidity, temperature, etc.
• Automatic closing on power failure or change in weather condition.
• Night and or Morning purge to replenish stale air while cooling the fabric of the building to extend the time before traditional air-conditioning is required, thus reducing the buildings energy cost.
• 24/7 programmable timer to ensure louvres are closed at the end of each day.
• Intelligent control panels are fully programable and can be reconfigured if the building usage changes, the systems can also be easily expanded and networked later if required.
Along with the SLJ01 EXT drive, an internal drive is also available. This motor is ideal for out of reach locations and where no visible operating mechanism is preferred. For further information Download the Design Manual.
In addition to the above functionality, the SLJ01 EXT Drive in combination with our partner’s control systems provide a comprehensive EN12101 tested and compliant smoke control solution. All systems are fully equipped with the necessary failsafe elements including monitored 72-hour failsafe battery backup, with fault reporting back to the FIP and BMS.
The Smoke Relief Solution comprises 4 major components: Louvres, drives, cabling and controls which interface with the fire indicator (FIP) and building management system (BMS). The automation hardware is certified to EN12101 parts 2 & 10.
While the majority of our partner’s systems can be used for both natural ventilation via integration with the BMS and or localised switches and FIP integration (Priority 1), the OSloop system has been specifically designed for use with Stairwell Pressurisation and Powered Shaft systems, where only the fire floor automatic opening vents (AOV’s) are opened, while all other building levels remain closed. This system has been designed to reduce the required amount of field cabling and power supplies substantially, thus reducing the overall installation cost. Systems can be integrated with the buildings fire indicator panel or alternatively they can operate on a standalone basis with their own smoke detectors and manual control points.
The SLJ01 EXT Drive has a standard 12month/15,000 cycle warranty, if these are controlled by our BlueSquared control systems, they will automatically take up the actuator warranty and increase this to 36months/15,000 cycles or whichever occurs first at no additional cost.
There is almost no limit to the complexity of any system that we can offer however successful implementation requires early planning as many features cannot be retrofitted.