Whilst louvre windows provide the perfect natural ventilation solution there are times when an automation solution is required. This could be as a result of windows being located out of reach or more importantly where the louvres are to form part of a buildings natural ventilation strategy or smoke relief system.
The LDF100 actuator used on our louvres is installed, programmed and tested before the louvres leave our factory. With no visible moving parts, these actuators are microprocessor controlled allowing them to be tailored to the louvre for optimum performance and ensuring that they are equipped with the latest safety functions such as anti-pinch which detects any obstructions when the louvres are closing, an essential element for schools, aged care and many other public installations.
The louvres and controls form part of a complete solution and when the opportunity presents itself in combination with our automation partners at EBSA we can assist to design a solution to meet almost any outcome.
System Elements can include:
- User Interface via manual wall switch, touch screen or fully automated through a ventilation controller or as part of a home or building automation system.
- Weather logic control by integrating wind, rain, temperature or other external sensors
- Indoor Air Quality can be maintained with Air Quality Sensors (CO2, Humidity, Temperature)
- Auto close on loss of power to prevent windows being stuck open during a storm
- Night purge to exhaust stale air at night
- Lockout function to disable operation of the windows out of hours, perfect for schools and office buildings
Along with the LDF100 actuator, an internal drive is also available. This motor is ideal for out of reach locations and where no visible operating mechanism is preferred. For further information Download the Design Manual.
There is almost no limit to the complexity of any system that we can offer however successful implementation requires early planning as many features cannot be retrofitted.
In addition to the above functionality, the LDF100 actuator in combination with EBSA’s Smoke Control Panels provide a comprehensive Smoke Relief System certified to EN12101-2 (ISO21927-2). These panels are equipped with all the necessary failsafe elements including a monitored 72 hour failsafe battery backup with fault reporting to the BMS/FIP and an option to monitor the integrity of the field cables to the actuators.
The Safetyline Jalousie Louvre Window Smoke Relief Solution comprise 4 major components: 1) louvres; 2) drives; 3) cabling; and 4) controls which interface with the fire indicator panel (FIP) and building management system (BMS). The automation hardware is certified to EN12101 (ISO21927).
The Smoke Relief Solution can be utilised for the following purposes:
- Natural Smoke Relief/Exhaust – in the case of smoke/fire the louvre windows automatically open and smoke naturally leaves the building.
- Make-Up Air to a Mechanical Exhaust – buildings are equipped with large exhaust fans that operate in tandem with the opening of the louvre windows.
- Stairwell Pressurisation – louvres will open on the relevant floor to allow air to exit the stairwell.The ISO certified electronics inside the drives can be programmed to open and/or close the louvre windows based on a range of triggers.
In partnership with window automation specialists EBSA, Safetyline Jalousie has the ability to deliver automation solutions to suit a range of projects.