Whilst louvre windows provide the perfect natural ventilation solution there are times when an automated solution is required: windows may be difficult to reach or they form part of a building’s natural ventilation strategy or smoke relief system. Safetyline Jalousie offers a way to have automated louvre windows for your building.
The LDF100 actuator used on our louvres is installed, programmed and tested before the louvres leave our factory. With no visible moving parts, these actuators are microprocessor-controlled allowing them to be tailored to the louvre for optimum performance and ensuring that they are equipped with the latest safety functions. One of these functions is called ANTI PINCH, which detects any obstructions when the louvres are closing. This is an essential element for schools, aged care and many other public installations.
The automated louvre window controls form part of a complete solution, and when the opportunity presents itself in combination with our automation partners at EBSA, we can assist in designing a solution that meets almost any specific outcome.
System elements can include:
- User interface via manual wall switch, touch screen or fully automated through a ventilation controller or as part of a home or building automation system
- Weather logic control by integrating wind, rain, temperature or other external sensors
- Indoor air quality can be maintained with Air Quality Sensors (CO2, Humidity, Temperature)
- Auto close on loss of power to prevent windows being stuck open during a storm
- Night purge to exhaust stale air at nigh
- Lockout function to disable operation of the windows out of hours, perfect for every school.
There is almost no limit to the complexity of any system that we can offer. However, successful implementation requires early planning as many features cannot be retrofitted.
In addition to the above functionality, the LDF100 actuator in combination with EBSA’s Smoke Control Panels provides a comprehensive Smoke Relief System certified to EN12101-2 (ISO21927-2). These panels are equipped with all the necessary failsafe elements including a monitored 72-hour failsafe battery backup with fault reporting to the BMS/FIP, and an option to monitor the integrity of the field cables to the actuators.
In partnership with window automation specialists EBSA, Safetyline Jalousie has the ability to deliver automation solutions such as automated louvre windows to suit a range of building projects. For more information on how Safetyline Jalousie can provide you with automated or controlled louvre windows, contact us today.